Synopsis:The first part of this chapter is about who can join the cult and be a member of the congregation. Next come the rules for cleanliness in the camp and then we get rules for ethical usury.
- People with damaged testes
- People without penises
- Bastard and their offspring for 10 generations
- Ammonites and Boabites for 10 generations.
- Balaamites – never
- Edomites and Egyptians for 3 generations (they were nice to us – so they get in earlier)
- Sons of whores and dogs aren’t allowed in the congregation ever
- Have a place outside the camp for unclean people to hang out.
- Make sure to bury your poop and pee. (God apparently likes to walk around camp and doesn't’t want to step in your shit)
- If a slave escapes to your house, don’t return him to his master.
- Daughters of Israel must never be prostitutes
- Sons of Israel must never be sodomites
- If you make a vow – keep it.
- If you travel in a vineyard, feel free to eat of the fruit, but don’t pick it and put it in a basket – that’s stealing.
- Don’t cut down your neighbor’s corn
Ethical usury rules
- Don’t charge usury to a brother in the congregation
- You can charge usury to a stranger